Our Environmental policy
Iceland‘s untamed nature is delicate, still relatively unspoiled and one of our greatest resources. We respect the Icelandic nature and take pride in preserving it. With increased number of foreign visitors to Iceland it is therefore necessary to take measures to protect the environment. We at Terra Nova Iceland are aware of this and commit ourselves to make our operations as sustainable as possible and to establish practices that minimize the negative impact our services have on the environment.
We are certified by Vakinn, the official quality and environmental certification for Icelandic Tourism, with a silver certification confirming that the company demonstrates professionalism and integrity in quality and environmental issues.
To show our continuing commitment to environmental sustainability we:
• Follow all laws and regulations governing environmental issues.
• Aim at being exemplary with regard to environmental issues.
• Aim at constantly increasing the environmental knowledge and awareness among our staff and guides.
• Reduce waste by recycling.
• Encourage and guide our visitors to treat the environment with care and respect.
• We are certified by Vakinn, the official quality and environmental certification for Icelandic Tourism.
Our Quality Manager is accountable for monitoring our environmental policy and to continually review it as necessary.